Tradition

KONČAR was founded in 1921 as a small electrical workshop of SIEMENS when a modest but at the time highly significant manufacture of electrical motors commenced in Zagreb.

In 1946 it was transformed into a Factory of electrical equipment for power generation RADE KONČAR, which included an Installation Department specialised in installation, field-testing, commissioning and start-up of various electric power and industrial plants.

With development of its business activities and strengthening its position on the market, the Installation Department developed into a Plant Installation Department.

In 1991 , by transformation of the KONČAR Group, a KONČAR - ENGINEERING COMPANY FOR PLANT INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING Inc. was established, employing today 120 people and operating as a company within the KONČAR – ELECTRICAL INDUSTRIES Group.